NOTE #2: The pool and hot tub are closed
every Thursday morning until noon for weekly cleaning.
ANOTHER NOTE: Farewell to all our
"snowbirds" as they head south for the winter. Have a great time (wish we could all come with you), be safe, and see
you all next Spring!
AND ONE MORE NOTE: Pick up a new and
up-to-date park phone directory from Gerry Torian at 3404 Windmill. 349-3285. The cost is $1.00.
MESSAGE FROM THE MANAGER:
In a letter from the manager... Winter is coming!...
- Make sure your heat tape is plugged in and working properly. The heat tape should be warm to the touch. If
your heat tape is not working, have it repaired by a licensed contractor as soon as possible. Operational heat tape
is essential to ensure your pipes, as well as the community lines, do not freeze.
- If you have missing skirting, it will need to be replaced. You should also ensure your skirting panels fit tightly
together. The cold winter winds play a very large part in frozen pipes. Minimizing cold air flow under your home
will not only assist in preventing freeze ups, but also minimize your energy usage.
- Exterior hose-bib faucets should be drained and winterized to avoid freeze ups. All garden hoses should be disconnected
and drained as well.
- Fall is also a great time to check all of your door and window seals to minimize air leakage and lower your utility costs.
- Repair any dripping faucets and/or leaking toilets. Please DO NOT leave faucets runinng to avoid freeze ups.
Doing so may result in frozen sewer lines and charges for repairs to the lines.
- Snow removal will be ongoiong throughout the winter season. Please refrain from obstructing the snow removal process
with your vehicles on the streets. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
JOIN THE COUNTRY ACRES HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION!!! THERE
ARE THREE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE.
1. BECOME A BOARD MEMBER. BE A CONTRIBUTING PART OF EVERYTHING THAT
GOES ON IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. THERE WILL BE A FEW VACANCIES ON THE BOARD BEGINNING IN OCTOBER...YOU ALL HAVE SOME GREAT
IDEAS TO SHARE. WE HAVE FUN AND WE NEED YOU!
4. BE A MEMBER OF ONE OF SEVERAL COMMITTEES. (Such as the Entertainment
Committee, Welcoming Committee, etc.
3. IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, BRING YOUR MEMBERSHIP DUES
TO THE ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING ON THE FIRST MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH (UNLESS IT IS A HOLIDAY) , OR DROP IT OFF AT GERRY
TORIAN'S HOUSE, OR CONTACT ANY BOARD MEMBER.
There are thousands of organizations, each with a specific purpose or goal. There are so many reasons why one should
consider becoming part of an organization he or she believes in. By building an effective web site, we hope to get our message
out to a larger audience of people interested in similar issues.